Explore the south-west tip of Finland by bike. On a varied route, experience remote exotic islands and bays, small harbour towns, local artisans at work, restored ironworks, medieval castle ruins, national parks, and peaceful cycling roads though idyllic countryside. A foodies delight, choose dinner from small restaurants cooking with local ingredients, taste local beer from micro-breweries, and for the sweet-tooth there are little chocolate shops, cafes, and bakeries along the way.
Stay in a combination of seaside hotels, a former scissors factory, a converted army barracks, and a quiet part of the city of Salo with easy access to Helsinki airport. Bicycle hire is included, plus a route information booklet, an electronic route as a .GPX file, for your phone or navigation device, and emergency service. Luggage is transferred from the first to the last hotel, and spacious panniers provided for the touring by bike - sustainability AND convenience - or for an extra fee, the whole route.
Your Money is Protected
The Travel Experience is registered with Kuluttajavirasto - the official Consumer Protection Agency in Finland - where we have, in accordance with Finnish law, deposited a bond which safeguards all pre-payments made by our public customers.
Company name: TTE-The Travel Experience Oy
Register number: 2799/08/Mj
For further information check here.
See also our other cycling tour Island Hopping by Bike.
Overnight at Mathildedal marina
Pass through some atmospheric villages on the road to Fiskars
The route includes small micro-breweries and a choice of local restaurants
Visit some beautifully located towns and villages
Explore the Baltic Sea coast, and its islands and bays, on this extremely varied route including harbour towns, local artisans at work, restored ironworks, medieval castle ruins, national parks, and peaceful cycling roads though idyllic countryside. A foodies delight, choose dinner from small restaurants cooking with local ingredients, taste local beer from micro-breweries, and for the sweet-tooth there are little chocolate shops, cafes, and bakeries along the way.
• The route is extremely varied and this is one of its main selling points
• Our tour starts in Tammisaari, which has good rail connections from Helsinki. Tammisaari has a seaside location plus a picturesque Old Town of historic wooden houses.
• We suggest to come a day early and stay 1 night in Hanko, Finland's oldest spa town, by the sea, and Finland's most southerly mainland point and take an excursion to see Bengtskär Lighthouse.
• An in-land ride to Fiskars where you can see artisans at work and taste locally-produced beer and gin.
• Some great little restaurants to taste local food
DAY 1 ARRIVAL TO TAMMISAARI
Personal arrival to Tammisaari, with good rail connections from Helsinki. Tammisaari has a seaside location plus a picturesque Old Town of historic wooden houses.
Choose a local restaurant for dinner.
Overnight in Tammisaari (breakfast)
BALTIC LIGHTHOUSE VISIT
Come a day early and stay 1 night in Hanko.
From Finland's most southerly mainland point enjoy a boat trip onto the Baltic Sea and see the Bengtskär Lighthouse.
DAY 2 TAMMISAARI-FISKARS (58km)
Heading away from the sea today, a beautiful ride through winding country lanes, visiting the ruins of Raseborgs Castle along the way. In Fiskars you can see local artisans at work, and taste beer and gin from the local producers.
Overnight in Fiskars, (breakfast)
DAY 3 FISKARS-MATHILDEDAL (45km)
Head west though some typical rolling countryside, ending with a ride through the Teijo National Park. Choose a seaside restaurant for dinner.
Overnight in Mathildedal, (breakfast)
DAY 4 MATHILDEDAL-ÖRÖ ISLAND (52km)
A short ride though lovely forest trails this morning before hopping across the bridge to Kimito Island, Finland's largest coastal island and with a special atmosphere of its own. Fantastic sea views on the afternoon ride to Kasnäs. Relax on the ferry ride to Örö Island, remote and paceful but really comfortable accommodation and great local food.
Overnight in Örö (breakfast)
DAY 5 ÖRÖ ISLAND-KIMITÖ ISLAND (34km)
Island hop today to Rosala Island and back to Kimitö Island where a freshly-cooked local dinner is included at your accommodation.
Overnight in Kimito Island (breakfast + dinner)
DAY 6 KIMITO ISLAND-SALO (54km)
A beautiful ride north today, including one local ferry ride back on to the mainland. Choose a dinner restaurant in the town centre.
Overnight in Salo, (breakfast)
DAY 7: Personal departure from Salo - - there are excellent train connections back to Helsinki or a Airport bus to Helsinki Vantaa Airport.
• All accommodations have private bathrooms
• At the start and end of the tour we choose locations with good local transportconnections to Helsinki and Helsinki airport to make it easy to arrive and depart
• Beautiful natural locations include stays by the sea
• Most accommodations are located close to a choice of restaurants for dinner, except one, where dinner is included
• This is a self-guided cycling tour. Each guest receives a Route Information leaflet plus a downloadable link to the route as a .GPX file which can be easily imported to yur phone or navigation device
• On most departures there will be other guests cycling
• The package includes luggage transfer from the first to the last hotel. For an optional extra charge luggage transfer can be included for the whole route.
JULY 11, 25
AUGUST 8, 15, 22
-- Tour operators please contact us for commission arrangement --
880 EUR per person sharing twin/double room (1760 EUR per ROOM)
1200 EUR single room for single traveller
- 6 nights accommodation with breakfast
- 1 x 3 course dinner
- 7-speed hybrid bicycle with panniers, repair kit, pump, helmet, phone holder
- Route Guide Map & Route Information leaflet
- Complete route in electronic .GPX format for download for those with GPS-compatible devices
- 24 hour emergency phone service
- Luggage transport between first and last hotels (optional extra charge for full route)
- 161 EUR per person supplement for Electric Bike
- 196 EUR per person supplement for luggage transfer for full route
Extras possible on request:
• Extra nights in Tammisaari & Salo
• Train tickets between Helsinki & Tammisaari/Salo
• Additional stays in Hanko, Turku or Helsinki
• Combine this trip with our "Island Hopping by Bike in the Archipelago"
Lapland on the Arctic Circle.
Glass Igloos in ski heaven.
Make the most of a short stay in Helsinki.
Experience the run-up to Christmas in Helsinki.
Island Hopping in the archipelago.
Design-themed tour in Helsinki.
Helsinki, Tallinn, St Petersburg combo.
Helsinki & St Petersburg visa-free.
Innovative programmes across Finland.
Complete Conference services.
Total meetings service throughout Finland.
Tailor-made programmes for groups.
Packages and Helsinki tailor-made service.
Official handlers of TVs and Special Interests in Helsinki.